Just before the holidays began, we were out for dinner one evening with friends and the group of us tried a grapefruit gin and tonic that I am now crazy about. It is such a refreshing and light drink during the holidays and I think that it will be great in the spring and summer months as well. We recreated the drink at home and tried several combinations. This is the best combination we have tried so far.
Grapefruit Gin and Tonic
- start with a lowball glass
- a shot (or two) of Bombay Saphire Gin
- a few shakes of grapefruit bitters
- use a few ice cubes or one of those large ice cubes meant for whisky drinkers
- Fill remainder of the glass with Fentimens Tonic Water. I found mine at Whole Foods * I swear this type of tonic water makes the difference!
- Add a mint leaf or a sprig of rosemary to garnish
This is a great sipping cocktail for a party or would be great to serve to the girls one evening instead of wine. Enjoy!